Saturday, January 28
MOTU Microbook II
No mention of this on the MOTU website as of yet, but Sweetwater listed the Microbook II on their website today for a Spring 2012 release at $249. Here's the downlow:
MOTU's MicroBook II audio interface packs tons of great sound and functionality into a petite-yet-rugged cast metal case. The bus-powered MicroBook II builds upon the features of its popular predecessor with hands-on volume control, negligible latency, six simultaneous outputs, an XLR mic input, and 96kHz recording and playback support. Perfect for for live recording, laptop-based DJing, or laying down tracks in your home studio, the MicroBook II has the mojo to become the hub of your audio rig. If you're in the market for a compact audio interface, check out the MOTU MicroBook II.
MOTU MicroBook II USB Audio Interface at a Glance:
- An ideal "on-the-go" audio interface
- Engineered for sound quality
- The features you need
An ideal "on-the-go" audio interface
With its compact size, you can pop the MOTU MicroBook II into a backpack on your way to the club or studio. It's the ideal interface if you're always on the go - and proof that the "smart devices" in our lives are indeed getting smaller, more feature-laden, and better-sounding!
Engineered for sound quality
MOTU has been at it for a while, now - since 1980, in fact - and knows what they're doing when it comes to pro audio. With support for 96kHz recording and playback, the sound quality of the MicroBook II rivals that of audio interfaces costing a whole lot more. That's amazing value.
The features you need
In the design of the MicroBook II, MOTU took their popular Microbook and re-engineered it based on what pros were asking for: adding hands-on volume control, an XLR mic input, and six simultaneous outputs - and just about eliminating latency altogether. You also get a jack for your guitar, a stereo line-level analog input, CueMix FX no-latency mixing, and so much more. The sound, featureset, and form factor of the MicroBook II make an unbeatable combination.
MOTU MicroBook II USB Audio Interface Features:
- 6 x 8 physical input/output channels
- 8-bus digital mixer for routing and mixing live inputs with computer tracks
- XLR pre-amp input, precision digital trim, 48V phantom power, 20dB pad
- Hi-Z guitar input with precision digital trim
- Stereo line-level analog input (balanced 1/4" TRS or stereo mini)
- CueMix FX no-latency mixing and monitoring with EQ and dynamics processing
- 7-band parametric EQ and compression
- Test tone and white/pink noise generator
- Support for 96kHz recording and playback
- Includes AudioDesk DAW software, USB cable, and mic cable adapter