Sunday, June 13
Semesterprojekt „Interactive Installations”
Hochschule Darmstadt (h_da)
Dozent: Martin Schuster
Kammerflimmern is an interactive installation that deals with the relationship
of humans and machines.
The visitors heartrate is measured and converted to a midi clock signal which
is fed into a sequencer which creates a symphony of machine sounds.
Furthermore on every heartbeat some air is mixed into a circuit of liquid to
visualize the pump function of the heart.
The project was realized using
- an old bike computer to measure the heartrate
- an arduino board to get the data into the software
- puredata to convert the signal to a midi note
- midiclock-software to generate a midi clock signal
- native instruments Maschine to generate the actual sounds