Tuesday, February 23

-008's Random Handrum

New for -008' Beat Blog subscribers:


My cohort 13ruce 1337 recently sent me a 3 min 28 sec recording he made of a handrum. He said it was only a "warmup" type track, but I thought it sounded great!

First, I ReCycled the file and made a bunch of loops. I then used those rex files to build the combinators, and now we have the "Random Handrum"

Combinators Include:

Matrex Rextrix [RUN]
Matrix & Rex fun..Careful with those curve patterns! ;)

Multisamp
Velocity arranged slices. Small but fun

Percul8in'
Gluttonous overuse of rpg-8

Alt Fills
Fast off beat, 2 keys at a time works best. C1 to B1

FSB Twerk (Factory Example)
Factory Sound Bank, 3 Note Patch C1 to D1

Redrum Pattern Player (and empty)
Browse slice samples, step sequence your patterns, & play

MODE (Rotary) and HOLD (Button) are the most important things to remember!


Subscribe!

No comments: