Monday, March 21

Drake Canadian Tour Rig


So here is my playback rig I built for Drake's Away from Home tour. It uses the Ipad for a wireless transport, so the Dj can control my multitrack from the Dj table. It has two computers and ultralites for each machine passing through a switcher for redunancy. I used the OHM64 on my desk in case the ipad lost communication with the computer.


This is a demo of how I programmed the ipad to work as a multitrack transport control. I was at front of house and my Ableton rig that played back the tracks was next to the monitor rig near the drum set. Although this was a super cool way to run the show, it was not perfect. Wireless networks are just not reliable enough for live shows. I will continue to use the Ipad as a transport for rehearsals and such, but have moved on to a wired solution.
-Henry Strange

No comments: