Thursday, December 30

Zapping through some Reaktor presets


I was very surprised when I found out that Native Instruments had reanimated
the well known Electronic Instruments XT bundles (1 + 2). Those instruments -
based on the Reaktor engine - run as a standalone app and a VSTi as well.
A couple of yeras ago NI discontinued the developement and sale and since then
these bundles were hardly missed. Now they're part of Reaktor 5.5! THX a lot
for that, NI!

What I still miss in Reaktor is the DSQ32 drumsynth/sequencer. It was part of
Reaktor4 and in my opinion it is still one of the best sequenced drum synths
ever! It is missed since Reaktor 5.0 and it never came back. Well, I still got the
DSQ32.ens and fortunately it runs pretty well on Reaktor 5.5. So I made this
lil' vid.

The DSQ32 is running in realtime together w/ the sequenced synthesizer Viering
(Reaktor 4) and the new Lazerbass (Reaktor 5.5). Lazerbass is triggered by the
Monoliner step sequencer (Reaktor 4).

Screenrecorded w/ Microsoft Expression Encoder. It's free, it's damned cool but
it has a 10 minutes limitation. But dang, it's the only screenrecorder that works
properly on my Win7 64bit system.

salzmanufaktur

No comments: