Tuesday, November 16

-008' BerkleeMusic Contest

Fellow Reason user -008' has entered the Berkleemusic "Live from
Studio You" contest, which is designed to highlight the work of
Berkleemusic's best and brightest students. Let's help a Reason user win....
Vote daily!



Hi I'm -008'

I have been passionate about music since I was very young.
At 10 yrs old I wrote & recorded my first song with my brother.
We used my Dad's 4 track tape machine. I've always played
guitar, bass, drums and keys but when I first got hold of a laptop
and software, I was hooked! Growing up analog and going all
digital was tough for me and I wanted to learn more.
Soon after that I was enrolling at BerkleeMusic.

Taking the online courses helped me in many ways from boosting
my confidence to training my ears. Crtitical Listening really got me
hearing on multiple levels, while courses like The Future of Music
opened my mind to new ideas and ways of thinking. I graduated
a little over one year ago with my Masters Certificate. I had never
used Propellerheads Reason before Berklee but, after learning it in
school, I started a blog, that grew to a full-fledged website.
008refills.com now has 16 original Reason ReFills (8 free!) and there
are currently over 4,500 subscribers downloading and using my
sounds worldwide. The Propellerheads themselves have my "Hitman
Drums vol.2" in their own Prop Shop, and most recently, there are a
few -008' effect patches built into the Record Factory Soundbank!

These successes, however small, are a direct result of my Berkleemusic education.
Going to school was the best thing I ever did for my music, and it shows!

Thank you for reviewing my submission,

-008'

www.008refills.com


Vote for -008'

No comments: