Wednesday, October 28

Novation Launchpad Demonstation


Below is a video from Sweetwater on the new Novation Launchpad that's set to come out in November. I have to admit that this controller looks very interesting to me, possibly because I've been using Ableton more and more lately and it seems to integrate with the program quite easily. One thing of note is they don't even touch upon what I believe is most interesting about this device - the User Modes, which is what is used in this video to fire off clips in a way reminiscent of a Monome app. Now I received an e-mail from my Sweetwater Salesman, Trent Thompson (ask for him if you don't already have a salesman of your own, he's been helpful to me in the past) and evidently they are getting an initial shipment of 88 Launchpads. So if you want one in November you might want to pre-order yours today. You can't beat the $199 price tag and to those of you that question such an inexpensive controller as being useful it should be noted that The Subliminal Kid himself, DJ Spooky will be using one in conjunction with turntables on his upcoming tour. Here's a quote from the man himself:

"The thing with my music is that everything is made from bits and pieces, there's nothing that's a whole chunk of something. What you're doing these days is finding edit points. So when I'm touring with the album, I'll bounce all the pieces into the Live interface, set up Launchpad to my liking, then show up with my laptop and sequence things for my scratch routines."



Novation
Sweetwater

**anyone else notice how he said Max for Live is coming out in November at the end of this video?

No comments: